Hey everyone; R.S. Noel here! I hope you’re all having a good day so far; my day feels like a transitionary period – which is both scary and exciting at the same time. But with that aside, I thought it would be a great time to mention some updates on my life and also what I’ll be doing in the coming months!
I don’t know exactly what I want to do for my Spring Break, but I do know that I want to somehow start working on me. (Easier said than done).
A couple of points I want to make before getting into this post!
- Currently, I’m studying for my Accounting 102, Exam #3. The reason being, is that I have a grade of 81%. So I definitely need to pick up the pace. My other official percentages so far are: 94.2% for Economics 102, 88.9% for Business Communications, 100% for Accounting 121 (Advance Accounting Software), and 86% in Business Law I.
- I have no time for any leisure activities like writing or filming any YouTube videos. But once this semester is over – I’ll be focusing almost all my attention on my ASMR YouTube channel that I have created (and set-up the Ad-Sense for it as well).
- I’ll periodically update my “personal” YouTube Channel: Click anywhere on this sentence to view it!
- Unfortunately, I’ve had to halt any progress I made working on my W.I.P titled “Four Warriors of Light”. I’ve actually titled it differently, but I decided to keep that anonymous since I prefer to keep my writing projects relatively unknown (…for the most part)!
- Starting in the summer, I will also be taking Business Calculus I (of II). I never imagined I could ever do university-level math; but since I took Statistics, and passed it; I know I could try the other different mathematics courses and see if I could understand those concepts as well!
I’ve realized that even if I do work part-time, I want to eventually work for myself. So what does that entail of? Well, for starters; I know I want to make an ASMR YouTube channel. After realizing that the health and wellness industry is in dire need of real people who care (and not just your everyday therapist who is there just to write down what you say; just to prescribe you some pills).
I know that this is something that I can fulfill on the side. I’m ordering a microphone (and noise-filter as well), so that I can start making a small difference in people’s lives. Interestingly enough, I’m using another YouTube channel for that concept, and I’ve already set up the ground-work for it (in terms of Ad-Sense). Of course, with YouTube’s updated guidelines, I won’t be able to start making money until I hit 1,000 subscribers and also have 4,000 views, per month. But with that said, I feel like it really is meant to soothe people’s mentalities; and it is also therapeutic for me whenever I watch those types of videos!
On another note; I realized I’ll be getting my AS in Accounting at my community college and trying to find any office administrative job (hopefully an accounting clerk job), just so I can support myself financially and move out of my parent’s house. My older brother is actually moving out in about 4 months since he’s been working at the company he’s employed at; for about 11 years now. Not to mention that his job is unionized, he knows he’s secure enough to leave the house and start living in an apartment without worrying too-much about losing his job. Once I get some kind of steady job and start saving money; I’ll be joining him as well (since we already discussed it and agreed that this would be the best way of getting out of the house in a responsible manner).
I feel like once I do those things; it will motivate me even more to continue with my multiple YouTube channels. Eventually, I also want to make a YouTube channel for reviewing TV Shows, Movies, Video Games, and Anime. I have all these ideas, but I know for right now (since I have a full-plate), I need to focus on my education and networking (in the workforce).
Like I said though – one day, though it may be a pipe-dream; I want to work for myself. I can’t imagine working in a toxic environment for the rest of my life. (Because, let’s face it. Most “traditional” jobs require an element of inhumanity in order for the business to “function” at some level of successful operation).
In time, we’ll see what happens. So for now, I suppose my Spring Break will be comprised of studying and applying at office jobs!
Forever in Your Debt,